Village Board of Trustees
May 7, 2009
The Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Briarcliff Manor, New York was held in the Village of Briarcliff Manor Village Hall, at 1111 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, New York of the 7th of May 2009 commencing at 7:30 p.m.
William J. Vescio, Mayor
David Venditti, Deputy Mayor
Robert Mayer, Trustee
Lori Sullivan, Trustee
Philip Zegarelli, Village Manager
Christine Dennett, Village Clerk
Robin Rizzo, Village Treasurer
Clinton Smith, Village Counsel
Gayle Waxenberg, Trustee
Board of Trustees Announcements by Trustee Sullivan
- The Pocket Park and Street Clock Dedication Ceremony will be on Saturday, May 16th at 2pm.
- The Annual Memorial Day Parade will be on Monday, May 25th at 12pm.
- The 2nd Annual Briarcliff Has Heart Run/Walk will be on May 25th at 8:30am.
- The Camp Deadline was May 1st and there is still limited space available. Late fees will apply.
- 5th Grade Open House will be at the Youth Center on May 18th.
- Westchester County has a no idling law. Villagers are asked to be aware and cognizant of the effects of idling.
Village Managers Report by Village Manager Zegarelli
- Plans for the Scarborough Firehouse Addition will be available May 18th.
- The Village Hall Generator is up and working.
- The guiderail work will begin soon in various locations.
- Con Edison is removing trees along Scarborough Road
- The Sidewalk Project Construction meeting is scheduled.
- Hydrants are still being flushed until May 15th.
- The Full Water Supply Project bid specifications will be available on May 15th.
Mayor Vescio requested the residents along Pleasantville Road be notified when the sidewalk project begins.
Mayor Vescio stated the Village had received many requests for banners to announce upcoming events and the Village didn’t allow them. He stated there was a divided opinion and the Board decided to put up a banner post system near Wachovia Bank that would match the rest of the Village signs. The organization would pay for the banner and the Village will install it.
No public comments.
Award of Bid – Bus Transportation
Upon motion by Trustee Mayer, seconded by Deputy Mayor Venditti, the Board voted unanimously to approve the following resolution as amended:
BE IT RESOLVED that the bid for the furnishing of Bus Transportation Services for various programs operated by the Recreation and Parks Department (VM-0910-1) is hereby awarded to Briarcliff Bus Co., Inc. of Briarcliff Manor, New York as per the rates in the attached schedule.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Interim Village Manager is hereby authorized and directed to execute a contract with Briarcliff Bus Co., Inc. for the furnishing of Bus Transportation Services for the Recreation and Parks Department.
Mayor Vescio asked if the new PASNY rates were budgeted for FY 2009-2010 and if the Village was staying with PASNY.
Village Manager Zegarelli stated a wholesaler was looking into different vendors.
Upon motion by Deputy Mayor Venditti, seconded by Trustee Sullivan, the Board voted unanimously to approve the following resolution:
BE IT RESOLVED that the Board of Trustees does hereby authorize the following budget transfers totaling $112,632.50:
- Vac All Repairs/Front End Loader Computer Module
From: A8090.435 Disposal/Recycling $37,000.00
To: A1640.219 Heavy Equip. Repair $37,000.00
From: A4540.212 Ambulance Radio Equip. $1,399.00
A4540.460 Contractual Services $4,000.00
A4540.201 Ambulance Equip. $3,000.00
A3410.469 Wireless Telephone $5,670.00
A3410.240 Fire Hose $2,563.00
To: A3410.226 Fire & Ambulance Repair $16,632.50
From: A1990.499 Contingency $22,000.00
To: A5182.440 Utilities $22,000.00
From: A1990.499 Contingency $10,000.00
To: A8120.440 Utilities $10,000.00
- Scarborough Corridor Study
- Business Zone Study
From: A1990.499 Contingency $27,000.00
To: A1010.460 Contractual Services $27,000.00
Change Meeting and Work Session Date
Upon motion by Trustee Sullivan, seconded by Trustee Mayer, the Board voted unanimously to approve the following resolution:
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees originally scheduled on July 2, 2009 is hereby rescheduled for July 1, 2009 at 7:30 p.m.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Work Session of the Board of Trustees originally scheduled on July 2, 2009 is hereby rescheduled for July 1, 2009 at 6:30 p.m.
Upon motion by Trustee Mayer, seconded by Deputy Mayor Venditti, the Board voted to approve the minutes of April 13, 2009 as amended.
Upon motion by Deputy Mayor Venditti, seconded by Trustee Sullivan, the Board voted to approve the minutes of April 16, 2009 as amended.
The April 28, 2009 minutes were tabled to the next meeting.
Upon motion by Trustee Sullivan, seconded by Trustee Mayer, the Board voted unanimously to close the regular meeting at 7:55pm.
Respectfully Submitted By,