Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
  • About Our Village
  • Forms & Applications
  • Village Code
  • Check Your Bills Online
  • Agendas & Minutes
  • Useful Links
  • Home Page
  • Contact Us
  • Directions
  • Subscribe to E-News
Frequently Asked Questions
Why wasn't my garden debris picked up? It was out in black plastic bags and on the correct recycle Wednesday?

Your garden debris, leaves and grass clipping must be placed in paper bags, not plastic bags. The garden debris goes directly into our compost site and the plastic bags do not decompose.

I put a gas grill on the curbside on my Recycle Wednesday and it was not picked up. Why?

It was out on the right day but Bulk Metal is picked up by appointment only. Contact Public Works prior to your recycle day to schedule a pickup of your bulk metal. Examples of bulk metal items include: Appliances, metal furniture, lawn mowers, swing sets, pipes etc.

How do I dispose of some old paint cans I found in the garage? Some are empty; some are half. I am not sure if it is latex or oil-based paint.

Latex and oil based paint is picked up at curbside with the lids removed on your regular garbage day. To prepare the paint cans for pickup, place cat litter or newspaper in cans to absorb liquid. Reason: Liquid paint seeps through drainage holes in sanitation truck and leaks onto driveways/roads.

My branches are on the curb and they were not picked up. Why were they missed?

Ensure that your branches are tied, as we do not pick up loose branches. Limbs/ branches should be no more than 6" in diameter, cut to 5' lengths or less and tied. Smaller branches and/or bush trimming should be placed in brown paper bags.

My co-mingled material was not picked up. I had it out on time at curbside in plastic bags. They picked up my neighbors' but drove right past mine. Can someone come back and pick up mine?

We do not pick up co-mingle from any type of plastic bag regardless of recycling number. While some plastic bags may be labeled recyclable, they are not recyclable in our market. We pick up all plastic containers labeled 1 through 7. If you need a recycling blue box, they are available for purchase at the Department of Public Works.

Where should I mail my water bill payment?

Water bill payments should be mailed to Village Hall at 1111 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510. If you have billing questions, call the Water Billing Dept. at 944-2776 Mon. - Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm

What do I do if I have a sewage back-up?

Call 941-9105. DPW will determine if there is a problem with the Village sewer line and correct the situation. If you are calling after hours, call the Police Dept. at 941-2130. Residents are responsible for their sewer lines which connect their house to the Village sewer line.

When can I place my curbside pickup outside my house?

All materials to be picked up by DPW should be accessible by 6:00am on the scheduled pickup day. Material may be placed at curbside no earlier than 5:00pm the night before.

Who do I call about Potholes and Street Lights?

Please report potholes and street light outages to the DPW at 941-9105.


Briarcliff Manor Village Hall, 1111 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, New York 10510
Phone: 914.941.4800 Fax: 914.941.4837
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30AM TO 4:30PM